Tune of Gita..

Shreemad Bhagwad Gita also more simply known as Gita is a sacred Hindu scripture considered among the most important texts in the history of literature and philosophy. This is the conversation between Lord Krishna and Arjuna taking place on the battlefield before start of war of Kurukshetra. Numerous philosophers and spiritual gurus have tried to extract the meaning of life from Gita. All time great scientist Albert Einstein said "When I read the Bhagwad-Gita and reflect about how God created this universe everything else seems so superfluous..", Mahatma Gandhi said "When doubts haunt me, when disappointments stare me in the face, and I see not one ray of hope on the horizon, I turn to Bhagwad-Gita and find a verse to comfort me; and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming sorrow. Those who meditate on the Gita will derive fresh joy and new meanings from it every day.."

Since my childhood days, I have heard similar praise and respect for Gita at our home. After returning from USA in late October-09, my father started teaching Sanskrit verses from this great text to Devyanee. She has memorized those verses from a new language in a surprisingly short span of time. I am feeling so proud of her when she has completed 12th chapter recently. Looking at this, I have realized the importance of presence of elderly at home.





Comments

  1. Anand, I reached your blog in a quest to find some PMP material and happened to listen to your daughter reciting Bhagwad Gita... Very impressed. My son Ved is growing up in the US and every passing day makes me wonder if I am doing him an injustice by staying here....

    Like your posts as they reflect a true Indian spirit balanced with good information.

    Keep it up!
    Deval

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My PMP Experience

Donald Trump - No more an Entertainer...

Vision 2020 ??? (Please vote what do you think)