Thank you Mr. Modi (The Leader...)


On my last day of The Netherlands trip, last evening I was planning to travel from Venlo to Amsterdam to stay at my cousin. This is an experience which prompted me to write this blog to thank our Prime Minister Mr. Modi.

After checking out of the hotel I got a taxi to the train station in Venlo. Dutch is the local and default language here even though the people of this country do speak English. At the ticketing counter I wanted to avoid (language issue) using the ticket machine and hence was looking for the manual ticketing. For some reason, the ticketing counter was closed and there was no option but to buy the ticket from kiosk. I was looking around for someone to help me with buying the right ticket to Amsterdam Central station.

I approached the first person who I thought could help me. Here is the conversation -

Me: It seems like the ticket counter is closed. Can you please help me with buying ticket to Amsterdam central station with the kiosk?

Him: Oh sure, let me help you. Our country is not so friendly with visitors. 

Me: You have a great public transport system and I did not find it too difficult to be here for the past week.

Him: Where are you from?

Me: India. 

Him: Oh...India, Modi's India? He is a great leader and your great country will do much better under him.

Me: How do you know about him and India? 

Him: I watched him first time during his US visit and was very impressed; I also searched online and found him to be a great leader; in the course I also found a lot of interesting things about India and Indians. 

Me: Thank you. Please visit us sometime. (handed him the debit card for purchasing the ticket from kiosk)

Him: Oh sure; one day I will. Your card does not seem to work with this machine. See such a stupid system we have here. I am sure in your country it is not as difficult to get just a train ticket. 

(....I did not say anything.....) Let me buy you ticket with my card. 

Me: Oh. Thanks a lot. How can you say your country is not friendly when people (like you) are so friendly. 

Him: Here is your ticket. 

Me: Thank you ( I paid him cash and was trying to pay the last few cents to complete the transaction)

Him: Oh, never mind a penny here and there. I am happy to have met someone from India. Have a safe trip home. 

Me: Good bye; truly appreciate your help. Please do visit India sometime. Bye...

Him: Good Bye.....


Thank you Mr. Modi for your leadership which has built a positive image in the eyes of the world.

A personal thank from me, an Indian...
Thank you...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My PMP Experience

Donald Trump - No more an Entertainer...

Vision 2020 ??? (Please vote what do you think)